- Cricket – Worcestershire County Cricket play at New Road in Worcester, WR2 4QQ wccc.co.uk
- Rugby – Worcester Warriors play rugby at Sixways Stadium, Warriors Way, Worcester WR3 8ZE.
- Golf – The Vale Golf Club, Hill Furze Lane, Bishampton, Pershore WR10 2LZ. 01386 462 781.
- Tennis Club – Pershore Tennis Centre, Avon Bank Lodge, Avon Bank, Pershore WR10 3JP 01386 556 677.
- Riding – Jill Carenza Equestrian, Washpool Equestrian Centre, Stanton, Broadway WR12 7NE 01386 584 250 or Hayswood https://www.facebook.com/Hayswood-Equestrian-Tuition-Livery-Hayswood-Equestrian-Riding-Club-211677758862745/
Hayley on 07972831277
Beth on 07823 770678, www.eternaltherapies.com
Taxi Numbers: Vale taxis 01386 442 413, Emerald Taxis 01386 761 705, ANC Taxis 01386 765 884, Cliffs taxi’s Eckington
Cakes and Special Celebrations
Nicky at https://www.facebook.com/mrsmeirskitchen on 07790 024253
Naomi at https://www.facebook.com/thebredonhillcakery/ on 07508983583
Chrissie on 07703 009409 https://www.facebook.com/enchantedflorist.worcs
Penny Vallender, Saucy Catering
07711705388, email@example.com, http://saucycatering.co.uk/
- Tiddesley Wood – Perfect for an adventure in the woods near Pershore on bikes or feet https://www.worcswildlifetrust.co.uk/nature-reserves/tiddesley-wood-harry-green-reserve
- Regal Cinema (Evesham) – definitely the most civilised and children friendly cinema in Worcestershire – go and cuddle up on the love seats with your children, pizza and a glass of wine. Cheap family tickets at low peak times.
- Walk up Bredon Hill to Elephant rock – for amazing views, a bracing but doable walk with children and wonderful adventures on the way up with a climb on Elephant Rock at the top.
Finish with a hot chocolate at the Queens in Elmley Castle https://www.elmleycastle.com/
- All Things Wild – Close to Evesham with animals, dinosaurs, a soft play barn and indoor and outdoor play areas
- Broadway Park – Simply the best playground for all ages in Worcestershire and you can warm up afterwards in one of the lovely cafes a couple of minutes away in Broadway High Street.
- Clive’s of Cropthorne – Relaxed farm café and deli with a wonderful enclosed playground for all ages, located between Pershore and Evesham
- River Avon and Avon Meadows – Only a 5 minute walk from Pershore Town Centre, Avon Meadows is a wonderful place to get away from it all, relax and reconnect with nature, next to the River Avon
- Sudeley Castle in Winchcome – slightly further afield; a wonderful playground with several floors of castle to play in https://sudeleycastle.co.uk
- Visit your local Church or Abbey – we’d love you to visit ours for some time out, history, reflection and calm at St Marys Church, Elmley Castle
- Bredon Playground – with its mini bike and skate park and playground https://www.bredonplayingfields.co.uk/
- Worcester Woods – Another great playground, woods and a lovely healthy café with lots of events lined up for halfterm and Halloween
- Abbey Park in Evesham – with its many playgrounds, skate park and boat trips down the Avon
- Croome National Trust – for walks, playground, den building and a lovely café https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/croome
- Babyccinos in Evesham – for the little ones, an affordable café experience and a play in their enclosed play area, https://www.facebook.com/BabyccinoCoffee/
- The Almonry Evesham – offering a full week of spooky trails and Halloween events
- The Valley Evesham – Combine a bit of grown up shopping and kids entertainment at the Valley, with walks, an outside play area and miniature steam train
- Further Afield: Cotswold Farm Park (40 minutes’ drive), Cotswold Safari Park (40 minutes’ drive), Cotswold Vale Alpacas: 4 miles, Bonkers Activities(SUP, kayak, canoe, archery, river trips): 5 miles, Aztec Adventure Watersports: 5 miles, Croft Farm Water Park (Sailing, canoeing and windsurfing): 11 miles
- Kids Camps:
Culture (Check what is open during this difficult COVID period)
Cinema: https://theregal.ac/ My favourite cinema in Evesham, relaxed love seats with a bar and café – drinks and food delivered to your seat. Theatre: https://www.eveshamartscentre.co.uk/, https://www.number8.org/, https://www.rsc.org.uk/whats-on/ Stratford Upon Avon with the Swan Theatre and Royal Shakespeare Theatre is 40 minutes away Broadway with its Art Galleries, Boutique Shopping, Cafes and Restaurants 15 mins away Cheltenham with its Cheltenham Race Festival and Cheltenham Literary Festival 40 mins away
Pubs and Places to eat:
https://www.elmleycastle.com – Our local, owned by the Community the Queens, in the next-door village and a 2 mile walk. Good pub food and local ales. 01386 710251
The Queens will do takeaways and deliver.
https://www.facebook.com/Clives-Of-Cropthorne-2191570684388124/ – This includes a butchers and café (great for breakfast, coffee and cake and light lunches). Closed Mondays.
Thai Legend, 62 High Street, Pershore WR10 1DU 01386 554 604 (restaurant and takeaway).
Jimmy Pickles (Indian) 76 High Street, Pershore WR10 1DU 01386 555 900 (restaurant and takeaway).
Russells in Broadway 20 High Street Broadway, WR12 7DT 01386 853 555.
The Lygon Arms, High Street, Broadway, WR12 7DU 01386 852255
Broadway Hotel, High Street, Broadway WR12 7AA 01386 852 401.
Eckington Manor, Hammock Road, Eckington, Pershore WR10 3BJ 01386 751600.
Pubs in nearby villages.
The Inn at Welland (Expensive but worth it)
The Swan at Hanley Swan
The Swan Inn, Birlingham 01386 750 485.
The Jockey Inn, Baughton 01684 592153.
The Bell, Eckington 01386 750 033.
The Star Inn, Ashton Under Hill 01386 881 325.
Childswickham Inn and Brasserie 01386 852 461.
The Star Inn, Pershore 01386 561 356.
The Swan, Broadway 01386 852 278.
Theme by Out the Box